Important Notice – Greece Wildfire Support
Important Notice - Greece Wildfire Support
Further to catastrophic wildfires in Greece the past days and the tremendous need of support and supplies for those affected by this tragedy, the Cyprus Shipping Chamber would like to inform its Members and Cyprus Shipping Community who wish to contribute, that the Office of the Government Commissioner for Volunteerism and Non-Governmental Organisations has undertaken the Cyprus co-ordination to provide support to the fire victims in Greece. Coordination is done in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Defence, and in consultation with the Greek Authorities.
To that end, you can either contribute financially to the following official account:
- Pikermi - Rafina Municipality: Piraeus Bank for the financial support of wildfires victims - Account Number: 5186092291418 and ΙΒΑΝ: GR20 0172 1860 0051 8609 2291 418
Or you can donate items such as: non-refrigerated food, long-life milk, blankets, clothing, shoes, dry food, diapers and baby wipes and medical items: Fucidine cream/ Betadine, bandages.
The above items are collected at the location points below:
- Shipping Deputy Ministry, Yioupis Building – Yioupis Tower, (Ioanni Prodromou street, 4002 Mesa Yeitonia, Limassol), tel.: 25804900, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Strovolos Municipality – Municipal Building, tel.: 22470470, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Lakatamia Municipality Office, tel.: 22364000 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cyprus Sports Organisation, Tassos Papadopoulos- Eleftheria Stadium, tel.: 22897231 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Larnaca Municipal Nursing Home, tel.: 24652429, 99817979 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- District Volunteerism Office of Paphos, tel.: 26953725 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- KEPA - Agios Christoforos, Paralimni, tel.: 23741621, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thanking you in advance.
The Cyprus Shipping Chamber