New Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) – CSC precautionary measures
New Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) - CSC precautionary measures
Following the two confirmed infected incidents of the New Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), reported in the Republic of Cyprus by the Ministry of Health on 09 March 2020, the Cyprus Shipping Chamber (CSC) is implementing a number of precautionary measures aiming to reduce as much as possible a wider spread of COVID-19.
Within this framework, the Chamber has already postponed business, social events and committee meetings scheduled to take place between the months March and April.
In addition, the Chamber is limiting all meeting activity at its offices, to only very urgent/necessary meetings, which will be conducted via teleconference facilities. In this respect, we encourage and kindly request those who will visit our offices for the purposes of personal meetings with the Secretariat, to confirm the following prior to their visit at the Chamber’s offices:
- Confirm that they have not travelled to China/Hong Kong, Italy or any other affected areas within the past 14 days;
- Confirm that they have not suffered symptoms which might be associated with exposure to the virus within the past 14 days; and
- Confirm, to the best of their knowledge that they have not been in contact with anyone who has travelled to China /Hong Kong, Italy or any other affected areas within the past 14 days.
Visitors are requested to be aware of the following personal hygiene measures, during their visit:
- frequently wash their hands for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitiser;
- avoid greetings with shaking hands, hugs and kisses;
- cover their mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when sneezing or coughing; and
- do not touch their face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
Whilst apologising for any inconvenience that this may cause, we ask for your understanding and cooperation on this matter.
Cyprus Shipping Chamber
 Refer to the World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 situation dashboard that can be found here: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd